Click here to visit ...

Friday, March 19, 2010

Still playing this week

It's been an interesting week for me. I'm still not feeling great, and my sleep schedule is completely out of whack. I woke up around midnight last night after sleeping a good 16 hours - yeesh.  I put on the coffee, and headed down into the studio.

I started out by making more blossom rings, and then ran off on a new tangent with copper wire. With the Ice Resin coming in fairly soon, I'm planning on lots of projects for you - some as classes, and other free ones to post here, or in the Inspiration section. 

The two hearts below are going to be forms for combining ice resin with vintage ephemera, pressed flowers and other things. Excuse the pics, they're horrendous  - I took them with my phone in my dungeon studio. Better pics coming soon - I just can't bring myself to set up my proper photography area at 5am :-)



I then got distracted again, and made up a set of copper stacking rings. I also made up a bunch in fine silver, but those are in the tumbler right now.



I'm curious, how many of you actually continue working on a specific thing until it's done? I find I start something, get inspired to start another project. I do eventually finish them, but I tend to have about 6 projects on the go at any one time. Please, please tell me I'm not the only one! ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jen: No you are not the only one. Never mind more than one project, I can't even stick to one skill set, or dsicipline. Every time I see some new goody I gotta have it, gotta play with it, beads, lampworking, metal clay, wire, oh yeah - paper - the newest thing. ADHD for the creative, the addicted and the crazy. Hope you are feeling better soon. Go back to bed - you've been up all night.
Linda