Click here to visit ...

Friday, July 06, 2012

Magazine Project Roundup

There is nothing like a relaxing long weekend to get caught up on some reading. I've had a decent sized stash of magazines I've been meaning to read for quite some time - including of course Stringing magazine, and the July copy of Beadwork.  I thought I'd share some of my favorites from these two issues. Be sure to pick up your July copy soon, as the August issue is now out.

This week, we got in some amazing new rivolis.


And just in case you missed it - Check out this awesome project from Dwyn utilizing rivolis.


You'll be able to whip this up in no time flat, and go ahead and make more - your co-workers will be ordering them off you as soon as they see yours ;-)

If you love them as much as we all do, and are looking for a few more ideas - You definitely want to check out both the July issue of Beadwork, and the latest one! Both feature projects utilizing Rivolis.

This project, by Leslie Frazier features a rivoli bezel. They'd be reasonably quick to whip up, and look stunning as pendant. You could even keep it simple, and just make the top one. Of course, you'll want to make up another pair for earrings. ;-)



Here's another project where a beaded rivoli bezel would look awesome. I LOVE this bracelet - I need to put it near the top of my summer beading projects. Beadwork - July Issue by Christine Wilson.




The August issue of Stringing magazine is a special mixed media issue - now, it's pretty easy to sell me a magazine. I'll fully admit that I'm more than a little addicted to them. A mention of a special mixed media issue has me at the checkout faster than a bin full of beads can roll under the cabinet.

Resin, fiber, stamping - plus a myriad number of ways to combine mixed media components in your stringing designs.

                                                         Kristen Robinson - page 24

                                                                Jeannie K. Dukic - page 51

                                                                Ellen Wagner - page 28

Do you have a favourite magazine? Let us know here, or on our facebook page. We'd love to hear about your magazine(s) of choice and/or your favourite types of projects.

No comments: