Click here to visit ...

Sunday, July 08, 2012

The Joy of Metal Clay: Class Today!

Today was fun filled with an introduction to Art Clay Silver class at BeadFX.  It was a lot of fun with seven enthusiastic women.  Most of them were completely new to metal clay and well two has a bit of background.  The days passed quickly as I tried to impart my all my metal clay knowledge.  I was so busy I forgot to take pictures of students in action.  Here a a few of the unfired results (sorry, the pictures didn't turn out as great as hoped):



Two pendants made by Bev McLaren

Wood knot Textures by Mairead Lavery.  The purple pieces in centre and to the right are textures that Mairead made with a two part silicone is a silver piece that she fired in class.


Pendants by Susanne McEvoy


Pendants by Rubi Sahi (one on the left was torch fired and polished)


It was a great day!  Thanks Lee, Patrice, Dorothy, Susanne, Rubi, Bev and Mairead. Enjoy your new addiction.

Next introductory class is scheduled for October 14, 2012.  Come learn how to shape, texture, and fire silver metal clay and much more.  Hope to see some of you there.

I

No comments: