Click here to visit ...

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A new version of Inspiration Friday

Shhh - just forget that today is Saturday.


Thanks to Lyndsey, who had an awesome idea for a new version of our Inspiration Friday posts.  We think that one week just might be a wee bit too short of a time frame. Also, we want you to choose the inspiration from one of the many colour inspiration sites out there. On Thursday, I posted about design seeds. There are of course many others out there. We think this will be easier for you to challenge yourself, as you're given a palette to work with, rather than just a picture.

Here's how it works. Once a month, I'll post a new challenge start time. You've got about 30 days to choose your palette, and work on your project. Before the cutoff date, send your pictures to us, and we'll blog your inspiration source, and your finished project.  Feel free at that time to send us along any other info you want to include. We'll publicize your blog or etsy/artfire/etc site as well.

For example, I think I'll make mine from this one:




You can make your jewelry/beadwork out of any materials you wish. This can be stringing, wirework, lampwork, polymer clay - whatever you wish!

Let's start now!
Since we're getting close to Christmas, and I don't really want to be blogging on Christmas eve, I'm setting the deadline to get your submissions in by December 22nd.

Here's how to submit:

 * Send an email to jennifer@beadfx.com with a picture of your inspiration source (or a link to the source)
* include an image of your creation
* include any contact information you want us to include in the blog posting

Happy Creating, and Lyndsey - I can't wait to see what you make. You're commited now ;-)

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Hahaha yes I am committed now! If only we could find a way for me to commit to going to the gym more often!

I have been looking at the Design Seeds photos most of the day now! When my husband comes home to a messy house, I'll tell him he's got you to thank.

I haven't picked a photo yet, but I've bookmarks about 12 of them. I think I can justify a shopping spree with this challenge! Woohoo!!!