Click here to visit ...

Friday, August 21, 2009

Handcrafted Jewelry Magazine


Those who know me, are aware that I take immense delight in all things 'crafty' I'm not a snob when it comes to jewelry. Yes, I know silversmithing, I can fuse, solder, set a gem, make glass beads on a torch, rivet, and all sorts of other more traditional jewelry techniques. However, I equally love playing with paper, and resin, stamping, and glue!

This magazine is just totally up my ally. It's a special issue from beadwork magazine, and it features a really great article on using resins, and resin like materials including diamond glaze.

Lots of neat mixed media projects using fabric, paper, metal, polymer clay, buttons - you name it.

Get your copy here!

4 comments:

dragonjools said...

I thought the necklace with the long bead on it (you can see it on the cover) with the words stamped into it was pretty cool. They make it in polymer clay -but I did it in glass and it turned out pretty good.

It's more fun to make with edgier phrases though. ;-)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Looks like a great magazine! I like dragonjools' comment about using edgier phrases. Why spend time in the box, when outside it is clearly more fun!

jen said...

Absolutely! The edgier the better :-)

MetalClayArtist said...

While we are on the subject of new Magazine...

I just saw that there will be a new metal clay magazine coming out this Fall. Metal Clay Artist magazine...and it's canadian.