Click here to visit ...

Monday, August 22, 2011

Signature Dragon Ring




Well - last week's update with the crystal letters - I just HAD to make a signet ring. With a dragon.

The Swarovski crystal letters - such a score! Letter-shaped crystals - who knew? Anyway - because they are out of production and were only ever special order - it's hard to find a complete set - so - in the absence of an actual "D" for Dwyn, Dragon, or DragonJools - I had to get creative. The P, rotated 180 degrees - looks like a lowercase d - and that was good enough for me. Actually - I was going to do dJ - but miscalculated how much room I would have - so "d" it is.






A small ball of black Apoxie clay, a dragon charm, my d, and a bezel ring finding. (Links below if you want to make your own.)

















First up - a little surgery was required on the dragon charm. Snip, snip with the wire cutters ...

... and off comes the hanging loop.
I also used my fingers to put a gentle curve in the dragon, so he would curve more naturally into the domed shape of the top of the ring.

Then, I added the d, and propped the ring up to harden, and left it overnight. I wish I had noticed the ridge I accidentally left in the clay, but oh well. Something to remember next time.


Click on an image to go to that item on the web site if you want to make your own signet ring!

s30147 Swarovski Elements Fancy Stone -  Crystal Letters (Article 4889) - P (1)

24901022-02 Findings - 20 x 31 mm Oval Bezel Ring - Brass (1)



88819003 Two Part Epoxy Clay -  Apoxie Sculpt - Black (Pack)


q286nmag Metal Charm -  Chinese Imperial Dragon - Antiqued Gold (1)

No comments: