Click here to visit ...

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Guilty Pleasure: True Confessions

Everyone has a dark side - a hidden secret - a skeleton in the closet so vile and appalling that the weak faint and children run screaming in terror.

Here's mine: this is my flat-out favourite blog. The Comics Curmudgeon.

Josh Fruhlinger daily takes the mickey out of the really lame serial comics that continue, for some unknown reason, to take up space in the daily newspapers. Don't get me wrong, I love comics, cartoons, graphic novels and all forms of illustrated story telling. (And movies based on comic books!) I think that the editorial cartoon is high art. I seriously still read the comics before the rest of the newspaper.

And I think that Josh Fruhlinger pointing out the inanities and over simplifications of Mary Worthless, Mark Snailpaced Storytelling, and Dick Tracedfrombadart is hilarious. That's my dirty little secret, and I'm sticking with it. 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favourite comic I read everyday is Savage Chickens. It always makes me laugh. His humour is dry which suits me fine!

dragonjools said...

Is there a website? What's the link? ;-)