Click here to visit ...

Friday, March 01, 2013

More Bead Quilt Squares

I wanted to show you some more bead quilt squares that I receive from members of the awesome BeadFX Opening Bead Night gang.

Creating the squares is a project we took on as a team in support of Bead&Button's Beac It Forward project which raises money for breast cancer.

Each of the squares below were made using peyote stitch. Dawn Cottingham further embellished two squares with bead quilling. This is a technique I had only associated with paper. It looks fantastic. Dawn has a book on a bead quilling. I'll report back in the comments with its info.

Claudette Bunting embellished her peyote squares with silk ribbon flowers that she made and then embellished with beads. I absolutely love how this looks. Claudette makes beautiful large sewn quilts.

We are a very crafty bunch!! Barb and Claudette quilt. Almost all of us knit. Half of us crochet. I paint, sew clothes and enjoy cross stitch, although it's been a long time since I picked up a needle a d thread without a bead.

Please enjoy the pictures below and consider coming out for an Open Beading Night Adventure with us.






No comments: