Click here to visit ...

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Joy of Metal Clay - Don't leave oil in your stamps




If you, like me, choose to use Olive oil to prevent your clay from sticking in to your stamps be cautious. If you leave oil sitting in the crevices in your stamps over time the rubber stamps will disintegrate.


I have a few stamps where this has happened:



They get sticky and mushy in the space wherethe oil was left.




Also be cautious about transporting your oil and stamps together. I had a small lidded container in a small box and I happened to leave a small stamp in the box with it. The oil leaked and weeks later when I went to use the items in the box I found a grey mess, and realized it was the stamp, it had completely dissolved.



Learn from my mistakes, be sure to clean your stamps and don't leave oil sitting in the stamps.

No comments: