Click here to visit ...

Friday, June 04, 2010

Look out, Bead and Button, here I come!



Now that the renovations on our newly expanded store are almost complete, I'm off for a little R&R at the B&B. My idea of a relaxing time is to spend the day playing with teeny-tiny seed beads, so I'm taking some classes at the Bead & Button show before the market opens.

First one will be on 3-D shapes with peyote with Diane Fitzgerald, based on her book Shaped Beadwork:






The second one will be a loomwork course, and finally I'm hoping to take a course on doing Pave type jewelry using Crystallized Swarovski chatons and a new resin material.

After that, the Market begins and I'll be checking out what's new and hot in the bead business. Because Bead & Button is the largest show of it's type in North America, a lot of the big manufacturers will be there as well, showing off their newest stuff.

Oh, almost forgot. If you are going to be at Bead & Button, the folks at John Bead have asked me to tell you that they will be hosting a "Canadians and friends" reception at the Hilton Hotel after the show floor closes on Saturday night. You can find out more by visiting their booths (935/937).

1 comment:

jen said...

Have fun!