Click here to visit ...

Friday, February 27, 2009

What a week!

The flu bug has hit us really hard this week. We've been down 4 people most of the week, but everyone is slowly on the mend. Thank goodness I've been pretty healthy this week.

I've been so busy this week, that I don't really have anything particularly beady to talk about today. I have been training pretty hard for my upcoming walk (in September) But hey....It's 60k, and I've got to start now.

I've come across a few blogs for any of you healthy foodies out there. My favourite is Dani Spies. She's got all kinds of recipes and 101 videos for wholefood eating. I've managed to convert my whole family to an 'eat-clean' diet. What that means is cutting out all of the processed junk. So far, it's going over really well, and the kids keep checking with me to make sure that the food I give them is 'healthy' :-) Gotta love it!

My favourite recipe this week came from the Eat Clean Cookbook by fellow Torontonian Tosca Reno. It the most incredible version of couscous I've ever had....And I love couscous anyway.

Recipe from "The eat-clean Diet"
by Tosca Reno
Robert Kennedy Publishing

Couscous Salad Green Style

Ingredients:
1 cup / 240ml dry whole-wheat couscous
3/4 cup / 180ml low fat, low sodium chicken or veg stock
3/4 cup / 180ml fresh squeezed orange juice
2 Tbsp / 30ml good olive oil
1 Tbsp / 15ml lime juice (approx 1 lime)
1/2 cup / 120ml grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup / 60ml green onions
1 cup / 240ml cucumber, chopped & seeded
1/4 cup / 60ml fresh oregano
1/2 cup / 120ml goat or feta cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Preparation:

1. Bring stock & orange juice to boil. Stir in couscous. Turn off heat and
cover pot tightly - let stand

2. Make dressing by whisking together olive oil & lime juice

3. Go back to couscous - fluff grains with a fork. Stir in veggies and drizzle
over dressing. Mix in oregano and season with salt & pepper.

anyway...Happy weekend all! It's my birthday weekend, and I'm going to have cake...chocolate cake....so not on my eat clean plan ;-) Back to our regularly schededuled beady talk tomorrow!

No comments: