Click here to visit ...

Friday, July 11, 2008

Sorting Stones!

Jen is taking a vacation! What noive that gal has! Really! And she speaks Gaelic! I just thought she was swearing under her breath! . . . . Maybe she is!

Omigawd - the Stone of the Month just FLEW out the door - we'll reorder what we can - and we'll double our order for next month. I didn't even get any of that fabulous Purple Crazy Lace.

I'm going to do a little re-organizing of the stone beads section - split the stones up a bit more. Now that we have pictures to make it a little clearer what is on a page, I'm not quite so afraid to have smaller pages. Some of the more popular stones, i.e. turquoise, I think deserve their own page, but here's my question to you - what do I do with variations in different colours? Do I put those on the same page? For instance - Yellow Turquoise and Purple Turquoise - do they go on a page with the regular turquoise?

How about Amethyst? Does that get a page by itself? To me, it is closely related to Quartz, and I often use them together, so that's where I tend to want to put it - but does that make sense to anyone else? Do Purple Turquoise and Amethyst belong on the same page? To my mind - not, but that's me. I don't want to break it down so there are 3 items on a page and 20 pages - that seems lame to me - but does that work for you? Let me know - feel free to post a comment after this post - comments can be anonymous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me~I work by colour, not by stone type~so I'd prefer it sorted by colour. Any chance you could add links back to, for example, "turquoise in other colours" (isn't that a misnomer LOL!, but you know what I mean) or some such, so it would be easy to step back and forth?

Lori
PS could they GET more convoluted verification words LOL??!!

dragonjools said...

See - colour is how I think too - If I wanted a purple opaque stone and I was looking at Purple Turquoise, and right next to it was Purple Crazy Lace - I might easily design with that. or Sugilite. I know the names of the different stones and what they are supposed to look like, but not everyone does. Especially not if you are starting out!