Click here to visit ...

Friday, February 24, 2012

Inspiration Friday

Welcome to our newest version of Inspiration Friday. We thought we'd made a few changes, namely allowing folks to choose their own inspiration, and the biggie - we give you a lot more time! If you would like to participate in the next one, see the end of this post for complete details.

I love the idea of using an inspiration palette to base your design on. We all tend to stick with our own comfortable colour palettes, and this is just such an easy way to expand your range.

It seems that February is a tough month to get through. We're busy, we're sick of winter, and inspiration tends to be somewhat lacking. At least all of the above apply to me. :-)  Liz and I both managed to get something made however to show off. I'll start with Liz's 'kitchen sink' bracelet.

  Liz, your bracelet is gorgeous - and I love the colours!

Last weekend, I met up with a few others at the store for a metal clay playday. I finally got a chance last night, and today to get a couple batches fired. These are all Fast Fire Bronze, which is by far my new favourite metal clay.


Not all are pictured, and I also have buttons, dogtags, and drops! In between firing batches, I spent a very therapeutic chill out day making enameled headpins, while listening to A Song of Ice and Fire on Audiobook. I finally finished it, and am about to start on A Dance with Dragons. Love that series!



These will be heading into beadFX, hopefully later this weekend. I'm off to fire up the torch again, it's been far too long since I've had the ability to make beads.  Have a great weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Deadline March 29th, 2012

Before the cutoff date, send your pictures to us, and we'll blog your inspiration source, and your finished project.  Feel free at that time to send us along any other info you want to include. We'll publicize your blog or etsy/artfire/etc site as well.

For example, I think I'll make mine from this one:











You can make your jewelry/beadwork out of any materials you wish. This can be stringing, wirework, lampwork, polymer clay - whatever you wish!
 


(Many of us use Design Seeds as in inspiration source. Feel free to use any inspiration source you wish. Design Seeds just happens to be among my favourites.)

Here's how to submit:

 * Send an email to jennifer@beadfx.com with a picture of your inspiration source (or a link to the source)
* include an image of your creation
* include any contact information you want us to include in the blog posting

Happy Creating!

No comments: