Get your creative juices flowing
by: Erin Singleton
Inspired by a French scarf - this is another variation on on what to do with the Lycra ribbon. This version, because of the pulling, is a little tidier and more structured as it has rolled itself neatly into a tube.
- Cut a length of Lycra ribbon slightly longer than your wrist
- Grabbing at either end of the cut Lycra, pull outward and watch the sides curl in, creating a cord. This cord will be approximately the size of a strip of 5 mm leather.
- Thread on the bead with the Swarovski Crystal. You may want to add a small piece of tape on the end of the Lycra to help thread it through the bead's hole
- Holding the two Lycra ends together, tie and over hand knot, creating a loop about the diameter of your wrist.
- Adjust the knot placement as needed and trim the ends of the Lycra
- Stitch the flower component on the ends of the Lycra using the Fireline and 4 mm bead to secure. Knot the Fireline and trim the ends. The knot should now be hidden between the two rolled edges.
- The Lycra remains stretchy even after being pulled, so the bracelet can easily be stretched over your hand.
ComponentsGo to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.