Click here to visit ...

Sunday, March 06, 2016

InspirationFX: Dog Tooth Single Ladder Bracelet

Dog Tooth Single Ladder Bracelet 

by: Bonnie Cottingham

When BeadFX got the stone buttons I knew I could use them for ladder stitch bracelets.
Now it was a search for the right beads!

This week, new stone beads came in and my search was complete. The only trouble I had was deciding which size and shape to use.

Making ladder stitch bracelets there are quite a few techniques for the ladder stitch bracelets
Many can be found on YouTube or through your Pinterest page.

Each bracelets shown uses a different technique to make it.

The double- wrap natural bracelet uses two strands of C-Lon cord going into each bead in the opposite directions.

The single- wrap black leather bracelet uses a doubled over strand of Fireline.

I used a tray to help  make the bracelets. I find it easier that using a clip board. The side walls of the tray lift the project off the surface and it makes it easier to reach under and guide the C-Lon or thread around the strands of leather.

I also used a scrap piece of rattail to put tension on the leather to keep it straight. The rattail is easy to use and very easy to untie.





















Components

Go to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips

No comments: