Get your creative juices flowing
Sand on the Snow
by: Rae Huggins
If you have taken one of my pearl knotted classes in the past, then this is your opportunity to practice. Even if you haven't taken a class this is a fun technique that you can apply to other beads in your stash.
I love using the silk with the needle attached - you just have to remember not to cut the thread. Please stretch the thread before you begin by gently pulling it and straightening it out.
1. Simply tie a double knot on the end of the thread and insert the clamshell tip ( the knot has to be inside the tip).
2. Add a spot of clear nail polish or glue to seal the knot and gently close the tip with your pliers.
3. Using the Straight Fine Tweezers tie a knot against the tip.
4. You can now follow the pattern of the featured necklace or design your own. There are knots between each added piece ( pearls, beads and metallic squares).
5.Finally add the second clamshell tip and end it off by sealing the knot and closing the tip.
6. Attach a jumpring at the end of both tips and on one end attach the Rolo chain. Add the clasp on the opposite end. Enjoy!!!!
ComponentsGo to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.