Click here to visit ...

Monday, August 25, 2014

InspirationFX: Fear of Commitment



InspirationFX

Get your creative juices flowing



Fear of Commitment

by: Dwyn Tomlinson

Here's a fear - the fear of commitment. The fear of using that beautiful object that you have only one of - and then not having it anymore to use in another piece.

Sadly - I usually buy multiples of the things I really like, and now I have drawers and drawers of stuff, and can't find the thing I'm looking for - so it's all a wash.

This new jewelry system - called, variously, depending on the manufacturer, "In a Snap," "Noosa" or "Klik" is the first interchangeable jewelry system that is quick and easy to change out the focal piece.

Your individual item glues (I used epoxy clay, because I like it's non-runny properties) onto a snap back, and then the items you make, bracelets, pendants, etc, have a snap-into section. As easy as doing up your jeans. Change up your jewelry as fast as you change your clothes, and no special tools required, no fiddling, just snap and go.

I bet spies could use these to exchange information. That could be in a Bond flick. Maybe you could make one with a memory card inside ... ? Bond ... Jane Bond ...

You don't need much of the epoxy clay, about the size of a pea. It's harder to mix well in super small quantities, so glue up a bunch at the same time.

The magnetic clasp is not quite the right size for the regaliz - but I never let that stop me. Trim it down (as shown) with wire cutters and dry fit before glueing.




















 

Components

Go to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.

No comments: