Click here to visit ...

Friday, July 17, 2009

Managing the weeds

It's certainly been one busy summer for me this year - actually, that's nothing new. I always seem to have something major going on every year. :-)

I'm busy preparing for Isla's 4th birthday party tomorrow. She has requested a 'butterfly' party. Marg picked me up some fabulous paper butterflies from one of our suppliers. We're going to decorate the back yard with them along with flower garland that Maya has been making.

Over the summer, I haven't been able to get out and do the weeding as much as I should have. It's become a huge problem, but we're out there tackling it now. We just discovered that one of my rose bushes has become so incredibly huge and heavy. It broke the wood trellis, and has collapsed onto the walkway to the backyard. Since our guests will be coming into the party that way we need to get that fixed. We pretty much need full body armor to deal with this though!

I'll take a pic later of the offending rose bush. If there are any rose experts out there, I'd love to hear how you deal with this! It's a climbing rose bush of some kind - and massive. ;-)

1 comment:

dragonjools said...

Plant it in my garden, It will die. End of problem. ;-)