Click here to visit ...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Studio - Almost Done

It was a whirlwind weekend that of course started by my furnace going on the fritz. Rather than while away the hours waiting snoozing...(which wasn't all that bad of an idea) Dan and I headed down to the dungeon to do a bit more work on the 'studio project'. Some of you may remember the before pictures I posted a couple months ago. Here are some updated pics!

Now, I'm not done...far from it, but it is now a functional studio. The girls love it, and have commandeered the work table for glitter crafts. The glitter crafts used to happen in my kitchen. I'm sure 30 years from now, we'll still find bits of glitter throughout the house.

I'm so excited to be able to have somewhere to work without messing up the rest of the house. I've got a desk, a beading area, a lampwork area (which still needs more work), metal clay/silversmithing, photo setup, a big general craft area, and a place to make soap....whohoo! Now of course I just need to find the time to work on everything I want to - sigh.

My lampwork area is still a big mess. I'm moving everything from one of the tables off to a big metal shelf. I need to move the table all of the glass sits on. I'm quite surprised the table is holding it all up. But I'm deathly afraid to even touch the table - I'm terrified that if I even breathe on it, the table will collapse.






No comments: