Click here to visit ...

Monday, May 12, 2008

Welcome Monday

It rained last night, and this morning, the air smells wonderful! Stepping outside and taking a deep breath of fresh air that smells great is a wonderful thing, and let me tell you, in Toronto, it's astoundingly rare. For someone who lives, as I do, backed onto one of the busiest highways in the country, it's astonishing. Worth writing home about, even.

The garden is looking amazing - we are still a week away from being frost free - technically - and the garden is so far advanced it's a little scary. The cherry tree is done - not that it had a good year, and the apple is about to bloom. The irises are showing colour, and so are my tulips. Despite the fact that I bought tulips labelled "early" - mine are just starting to show some colour, and my neighbor has had his open for a week - his are big, showy yellow tulips that practically waist high - stunning!

I didn't get to make beads first thing yesterday, but I did get to it eventually - a lot of production stuff and some experimenting, and I did remember to set the kiln last night, so they are all done this morning. Now to soak them, pull them off the mandrels, and clean them.

Onto the day's work - shooting stuff for the site. I am so seriously backlogged, I hardly know where to start. Somewhere in the boxes of stuff there are some metal leaves that are showing up in fashion magazines, so I'm going to try and start there and get them ready before they are so last Tuesday. Then, we'll see.

No comments: