Click here to visit ...

Friday, March 13, 2009

The importance of communication...

Or semantics will kill you.

So, last night I watched as the email went out, and the website to update with the sales prices. The email goes out, and the website is supposed to update at exactly the same time. It's automated, so at midnight both go live at the same time. It happens like clockwork, so when the website didn't update, I knew there was some sort of problem. Of course, I had to call Dwyn at home to see if there was a problem - problem is, it was midnight. And I hate calling anyone at midnight.

I get Dwyn's answering machine, and leave a message. Fortunately, she calls back right away - and I ask her about the sale not going live. Of course not she says....it goes live tomorrow night.

Ummmm...we've got a problem. Nope says I - the sale goes live now.

Yup, it's that dreaded midnight thing. We've done this to ourselves before...one day we'll learn our lesson. Now this is entirely my fault. I'm known for being very vague, usually because I'm thinking of about ten different things at once - and folks are supposed to read my mind...really :-)

Now of course we need to clear up when the sale actually ends. The sale will end at 23:59 on the 22nd. That is the end of day Sunday...

So that said...I apologize for any confusion! But now that the sale has started, we're having a blast! Come on in, and stock up....or stock up from home in your Pj's!

1 comment:

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

It confused me, I must admit. The good news is, we don't have to wait up until midnight tonight, we can shop right now at sale prices - whoo hoo!