Oooo! Aaaaaahh! All the pretty sparklies! This week, we are featuring gem stone beads, on chains.
I'm not sure that I need to say more - these pictures pretty much tell the story!
We got a fabulous stash of stone beads, pre-strung on chains - all you have to do is add a clasp.
Of course - nothing says you have to stop there! You could do multiple strands, or combine with other beads. Say one strand of gemstone chain and a few strands of plain chain? Or spice it up with some other beads? Anyway you slice it - the work is half done already!
We have a random assortment of links too - so you could do your own gemstone chain! Just add an inch or two of your favourite chain between the links.
Or - make a pair of earrings - that would be nice too.
We also have some new Metallic Stones! Sounds like a contradiction in terms, right? These are "plated" faceted stone beads - plated with copper, silver, or gold for a really luxe effect! How cool is that?
And - if just straight gemstones is what you are hankering for - it being the season of "maybe I need a little something just for me" -
We have some nice moonstone - for the dreamy look.
And some top-grade Labradorite - really excellent stuff.
Now, if you are feeling like maybe you should tackle some of that Holiday Shopping - how about books? Great gift - easy to wrap, easy to mail.
Course - you could do this the other way around, you know. Buy the books for yourself and a nice strand of gems to make a thoughtful gift for a friend.
- Simple Soldering - A Beginner's Guide to Jewelry Making - Want to try soldering? Take your skills to the next level and make truly unique, one-of-a-kind jewelry.
- Exploring Resin Jewelry Looking to preserve some memories? Or make your unique components without actually having to risk setting fire to anything
- Live Wire Jewelry More fun with wire!
- Christmas Time Pattern Collection Ok - it is Christmas coming up - no sense in denying it. Home decor projects anyone?
- Classic Chain Mail Jewelry with a Twist Chain mail with twisted wire.
- Diane Fitzgeralds Favorite Beading Projects A collection of fabulous projects from Diane Fitzgerald's 20+ year bead odyssey. If you are a fan of her work, or just a fan of great, colourful design - this book is a treasure.
- Mastering Beadwork Yep - a basic book to get started, or to refine your skills. Be the master of your beads.
- Bead by Bead Delicas - beaded beads - Alice Korach. Need I say more?
- The Beaded Edge & The Beaded Edge 2 - The Turkish tradition of Oya edgings. Crochet and beads - making up a wide variety of trims for home decor, pillows, lamps, curtains, clothing, jackets, purses, or to even add to your jewelry.
New Website coming!
Exciting times coming for us and for you! Over the next few weeks - we are going to be changing up the website, making it easier to search, easier to shop, easier to do all sorts of things - like - see old orders, create a wish list, etc., etc. So stay tuned for exciting things to come!
So, as always, wonderful, wonderful new things - all over the site. I leave you to explore at your leisure. Click on a link or an image to go straight to the item mentioned above, or go to our massive list of everything and look for the "new" tags.
If that page seems overwhelming - which we freely admit it is! (Hence the need for a new website) - then try for bite-size portions by checking out these categories: Firepolish, Pressed Glass, Swarovski Crystal, Seedbeads, Stone and Pearls, Preciosa Crystal, Metal Beads, Other Cool Beads, Findings, Metal Clay & Supplies or Books, Kits, Tools.
And don't forget to check out our free, yes, free projects. Over 300 to choose from - a new one every week!
Lampworking Studio is Now Open - Please call ahead to check availability and reserve a spot.
Don't forget - we are at our new location - so don't automatically drive to the old place by mistake - details on our About Us page.