Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

What do you do with a pile of beads?

Perhaps I should title this "What's on my worktable this week?".  The story begins with a couple of piles of beads.  Where it ends, who knows???

Do your beads talk to you?  Mine do!!  I'm not really crazy, but I do have this awful tendency to buy beads and bits, and then just let them age in the bag, until my muse decides how she's going to use them.  Does that ever happen to you?  Let start with the red Swarovski leaves....

I've been eyeing these leaves, ever since I spotted them on the sale rack at BeadFX.

Hmmm, 40% off, I thought!   I love everything about them, but what the heck would I make?  So, I put them back, and decided that I would buy them, if and when I came up with an idea.  Sigh!  Weeks later, I noticed them on one of the racks at the CreativFestival!  Oh no!!  Someone is going to snap up my leaves!  I shouldn't have waited so long!  But I still want them!!!  The good news is (for me), that the leaves didn't sell at the show, so as soon as everything was unpacked, I grabbed five of them, and decided that I was tired of waiting for my tardy muse to make a decision.   Of course, they still ended up sitting in a bag, but last Sunday I had a light bulb moment, and just had to run out to the store, to pick up a few more components.  The story ends, with a very simple necklace, which may end up as either an "Inspiration" or a class, one of these days.  Little did I know that the bead minions, have been hoarding the red leaves, we still have a decent supply, and they also come in other luscious colours.  Do I need to buy more?  Well perhaps a couple more red ones, for earrings!

You may remember, that a couple of weeks ago, I posted about buttons.  That little blog post, threw my muse into an absolute tizzy!!  I selected a large, Czech glass button, and then proceeded to race around the store, piling more goodies on the tray.


 I'm not really sure how to describe the colour of the button, except perhaps a warm, gold/beige, with darker, almost purple accents.  Accidentally, a couple of medium sized glass buttons, and a handful of brass ones, slipped into the tray.  Then the naughty muse, led me to the pearls!  A couple of strings in gold tones, and then the coin pearls.  Oh yes, the coin pearls!!!  Purple???  Does purple, with hints of red, gold and copper, fit in with the pallette?  Of course it does!  So today, my treasures are sitting patiently in the bag.  Will I make a bracelet, necklace, or perhaps both?  Not to mention earrings, and some stash enhancing leftovers.   My initial plan was to make a large cuff bracelet, absolutely dripping with buttons and pearls.   But that was before I added the coin pearls.  The bracelet is still in the works, but probably with another set of buttons.  I think this might be the start of an ongoing, button frenzy stage!   Did I ever tell you that I love buttons?  I'll keep you posted, but you'll need to be patient, because I'm not sure that I'll be able to get to the button project for a couple of weeks.  I'm teaching a Sold Out, Resin workshop, on November 21st, and I really do need to concentrate on my samples.  Famous last words, so keep tuned!

If your muse tells you to buy something, you probably should!  If you're the type of person that needs a plan, don't worry, because it will all work out in the end.   If nothing else, you can spend quality time with your beads, during the dark days of winter, and you won't even need to go outside.   You know the cold is coming, and you know that you'll need a diversion!   Make it a good one!!

No comments: