Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Patinas

Heather's post the other day reminded me that I bought a patina tutorial and solutions from MissFickleMedia - Shannon is the queen of patinas!  I have also tried the ammonia, and ammonia/salt combination with very little luck whatsoever.

However with the patina solutions I got from Shannon - well just take a look!  Blue/green verdigris starts to develop in minutes, and within 24 hours...wow!  She's got lots of other colours as well.
Here I've used persian indigo, and traditional verdigris.



The patinas will only work on pure copper/bronze/brass etc. They cannot be plated at all. If you do go ahead and purchase any of the patina's - be sure to get the tutorial as well. Some are applied with heat, others not.

In other news, I'm back on track with my posts this week, including the Inspiration Friday. We have a few submissions that we missed last week.  Sorry - it was just one very, very busy week.

1 comment:

KristiBowmanDesign said...

AWESOME!! I have the tutorial and a few colors, look forward to trying.