I know - you are sitting there at your kitchen table / desk at work / driving in your car and thinking to yourself: "If only there were some new colours in the round beads." Well - you were thinking that, right?
Well - now you don't have to think about it - see how much effort I just saved you? Because we actually have some of the exciting new colours and finishes that we have seen be developed in the past few years in seedbeads, now available in 8 mm rounds, and a couple of smaller sizes too. I'm quite excited about these - plain round beads, in not so plain colours!
OK - it's not a huge number of colours, but think of the possibilities. And when is the last time you saw something new in round glass beads? Hmmm?
- Czech Glass - 4 mm Round - Greenstone Luster (50)
- Czech Glass - 5 mm Round - Greenstone Luster (50)
- Czech Glass - 8 mm Round - Greenstone Luster (25)
- Czech Glass - 6 mm Round - Green Turquoise Picasso (25)
- Czech Glass - 8 mm Round - Green Turquoise Picasso (25)
- Czech Glass - 8 mm Round - Shaded Amber Picasso (25)
- Czech Glass - 8 mm Round - Jet Picasso (25)
- Czech Glass - 8 mm Round - Antique Ivory Lustre (25)
- Czech Glass - 8 mm Round - Mint Picasso (25)
Which gives us these intriguing and gothy Sugar Skulls. And these uplifting Tree of Life coin beads.
And even these Lotus Blossoms, which, by the way, are so much more than a flower. They are a end cap for a large bead, or make an interesting pattern by alternating them front to back and putting a bigger bead between the ones facing inward. Or outward. Or both.
Also - flower wise - these Hibiscus Flowers are just begging to be made into bracelets! Advances in bead making technology make it possible for these beads to be both cut - with polished sides, and washed - with accenting colour washes to highlight the pressed pattern, in a way that has not been possible in the past. Because the cutting process destroyed the accent colour and the colour process covered up the cut. But it's changed - so new possibilities!
Unlock your creativity with some Greek keys, head to market with some new piggy beads, and reach for the stars, or at least, the pressed saturns.
Anyway - I encourage you to Czech out all the new items here (in a friendlier - I think - format) and see what tickles your fancy!