Click here to visit ...

Monday, June 13, 2016

Back from the Bead and Button Show

By: Cindy Goldrick

It was another great year in Milwaukee at the Bead and Button Show. I saw many of my Canadian friends and lots of my US friends and made some new friends along the way as well. 

I could post pics of all the goings on, but I know that what you really want to see is the stash of goodies I brought back with me, right? So here goes...

I adore vintage metal stampings. So I was sad that Metalliferous, who carry bins of them, wasn't at the show this year. But I found lots of them in other places. 


These are from A Grain of Sand. I also got some clasps there that they have made for them -- they feature vintage buttons, crystals and cabs. 


These unusual shapes are from my friend Gail Crosman-Moore, who has a store in Provincetown. 


This last set is from a great seller of all sorts of antique and vintage jewellery and components, Sandy Schor. I couldn't resist the bag of pearlized dangles. 

What do I use them for? Soldered rings, charms that I customize with various patinas, enamelling. 

Now, on to the pretties I scored at MakuStudio. I love raku jewellery components, and Mak's work continues to change and evolve every season. These will end up in my wirework, metal and bead embroidery designs. I can't wait to find the right inspiration for each piece. 


Many of you know that I'm crazy about leather and the new Sizzix dies for cutting cuffs and shapes using my Big Kick. Here are all the great new flower shapes, feather cuff and even a fringed tassel maker. 





I also got some new accessories for my Now That's a Jig!, a crucible for melting metal and some needle felting supplies from Clover. 

Finally, here's the gorgeous pendant called Cascading Dewdrops I made in class with Kieu Pham Gray. 










No comments: