Click here to visit ...

Sunday, April 03, 2016

InspirationFX: Colour Me Happy

Colour Me Happy
 
by: Dwyn Tomlinson

I fell in love with these pendants when I first saw them. They have the elegant look of tooled leather, even though they are wood.

However, when the artist that makes them pointed out that they can be coloured - and showed me a couple that she had done - I was fascinated!

Oil-based Sharpies are the secret!

The raised design lends itself to perfect "within the lines" colouring, and Oil-based sharpies give it rich colours!

You can pick up the oil-based sharpies at everywhere from Michael's to Walmart. Then just string on a leather cord or perhaps choose a silk string to match the colours you used (which is what I did.)

I chose happy, primary colours for this, but now that I'm looking at this, I think I might have to do another in my usual brooding and metallic colour choices.

















 

Components

Go to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.

No comments: