by: Kelly Garland
This bright sunny piece will lift your spirits and it's super easy on the pocketbook! This necklace incorporates a couple different techniques which also offer different options if you're so inclined. Beadfx carries a wide range of colour choices for in both the Glider Paste and Swarovski Rivoli selection. All the findings are brass which is a strong metal that offers a nice aged gold look.
Before we put these components together we're going to color the sunflower with gliders paste and glue in the Swarovski Rivoli. These should sit for a couple of hours to cure. If it's still sticky to touch let it sit for a longer period.
1. First prepare to add some colour using the Gliders Paste. Grab an old cloth or some type of polish applicator and newspaper. It's somewhat stinky, so wear a mask if you're sensitive. Follow the directions on the Gliders package for paste preparation. Apply the paste to the four leaves of the frame, rubbing firmly so the paste gets into the engraved lines. Let dry, then buff.
2. Now for the Swarovski crystal. Using a cotton swab, apply glue to the inner circle frame. Drop your crystal into the frame, making sure it is sitting level in the bezel cup. I used Super Glue for this project but E6000 would work as well. Just use sparingly so it doesn't flow over. Let sit to dry.
3. Once dry, add the jump ring to the flower and then the bail.
4. String your chain through the bail and add a jump ring to the last chain link for the toggle.
5. Add the toggle. Look fabulous.
ComponentsGo to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.