Click here to visit ...

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Getting to Know...Jen Rosen

Many wire enthusiasts have already met Jen Rosen through her wire-wrapping classes. If you aren't a wire enthusiast (yet!), here is some information about this wonderful wire artist.

Jen has always been a creative person. "I started with school projects, then oil painting before moving into jewellery," says Jen.

Eye of Medusa Ring
"My mother-in-law showed me one of the beaded bracelet designs she took in a class and taught me. Afterwards, I found a local small bead shop that taught some beginner classes. I took a course at the New York Institute of Art and Design and looked through some YouTube videos. Some things I learned on my own."

Eye of the Dragon Ring
Waves and swirls inspire Jen and it shows in many of her wire pieces. "Sometimes I draw them out, but most of the time I just start weaving and see what it ends up as," explains Jen. "Sometimes I put something that really inspires me into a computer folder to look at on a future date."

Jen is a stay-at-home mother of 4 children ("Five if you count the husband," say Jen) ages 2 through 14. "When I am not cleaning or taking care of all of them and get a chance to relax, I like to read, make more jewellery or watch a movie," she says.

"I love helping students learn a new style of jewellery making," says Jen. "I do wish though, that students who need help with a technique would ask for or accept help. It's what I'm there for!"

Jen's advice to others who create? "Practice, have patience and ask questions!" says Jen. "And possibly keep jewellery that you just made out of reach of 2-year-olds - it goes missing!"

Upcoming classes with Jen Rosen:
Sunday, January 24
Wire Wrapping: Lover's Embrace Pendant
12:30 - 3:30pm





Saturday, February 13
Wire Wrapping: Dragon's Eye Bracelet
10:00am - 3:00pm






Sunday, February 21
Wire Wrapping: Arrowhead Pendant
12:00 - 3:00pm






Sunday, March 6
Wire Wrapping: Simple Bangle
12:00 - 3:00pm

No comments: