Get your creative juices flowing
Like a Rock
by: Lee Metsalo
Yes, I like rocks. They’re all unique and attractive in their own ways. Some are pretty colours. Some have patterns in them like paintings. When I need a break from the computer, I visit this section of the store: Stones
The rocks just need a simple setting to let them shine. You can dress them up sparkly or masculine by adding a few beads on the sides.
Simple to construct:
Pinch the bail into the hole at the top of the pendant (or use a headpin with a stone bead if that is your favourite rock today).
- Link this to the lattice tube bail with a jump ring.
- String the whole assembly onto your leather cord.
- Use the twin link connector to bring the two cords together.
- Trim the leather to the appropriate length and glue the end caps on.
- Once the glue is dry link the lobster clasp to one side with a jump ring, and add a solo jump ring to the other side for the lobster clasp to have something to grab onto to close.
Tomorrow? A new rock!
ComponentsGo to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.