Click here to visit ...

Monday, November 10, 2014

InspirationFX: Rhine Between the Lines





InspirationFX

Get your creative juices flowing



Rhine Between the Lines
by: Bonnie Cottingham
When I saw the new Rhinestone chain come in, ideas were popping. How can I use it? What can I mix it with? So I decided to mix it up a bit.

The double wide clasp hold two strands of the 5 mm round leather cord. I used a macrame knot technique to attach the cup chain to the leather cord.

To finish, I wove the ends of the C-Lon back under the macrame knots.

I am sure the next one I make will have more colour by using different colour leather and different colour C-Lon!

Be sure to "dry-fit" the leather in the clasp before gluing.

The rhinestone chain is not glued, just secured with the macramed thread. The end link seems to stay in place pretty well, but a dot of glue after you are done to hold it down couldn't hurt.

















 

Components

Go to our components list for this project and to buy what you need!
Need some help with some of the techniques? Check our tips page.

No comments: