Click here to visit ...

Friday, March 15, 2013

Prom Trends 2013

As with all fashion, everything old is new again! What I chose for my bridesmaids' dresses in 1996 is hot again but this time for prom dresses.

Style:
Chiffon Layers
Elongate your favorite party dress with a chiffon layer. The longer overlay takes this gown from night-club-chic to elegant formalwear! Try a high-low or illusion skirt—either style is completely on trend, and perfect for your big night.

One Shoulder:
I am seeing a real move towards one shoulder dresses but the sweetheart necklace is still a strong contender in the style category.

Colour:
The colour trends I'm seeing are citrus tones and vibrant hues across the spectrum. It's heading into Spring and the dresses reflect the desire to shed bulky, dark winter clothes.

Jewellery:
I am sad to say that I'm seeing a lot of bare necks in the magazines. I think that may be due to the heavily embellished bodices of on trend dresses. But I think any necklace with crystal or crystal AB Swarovski Elements will add the right amount of sparkle without taking away from the dress.

I did see lots of really big earrings, even with long hair worn loose instead of up. Again, the predominant colour choice is crystal.

An armful of bracelets is still the rage, although decidedly less chunky for prom and this is wear we see the colour of the dresses emerging in jewellery.

Enjoy the eye candy!!!















No comments: