Click here to visit ...

Sunday, February 03, 2013

The Joy of Metal Clay: A Metal Clay Treasure

Jen, blogged earlier today about a "Treasure Trove of ebooks" this week and it reminded me of a metal clay treasure and some of her resources I am not sure if I mentioned before.

One great treasure in the metal clay world is Hadar Jacobson, I know I have mentioned her before and that she provides great insight and information on her blog Art in Silver (you can get a subscription to her blog and she will send you emails for when she posts something new, I love this!).  Ms. Jacobson and her website is such a treasure trove I have to mention it again.  She freely shares her experiments and tips and truly wants you to learn. 

Speaking of ebooks you can download a  PDF on how to work with her base metal clays.  She frequently posts when she updates a version and she even highlights the areas that have been updated.You can download to the PDF to your tablet, if you have one and voila = an ebook!

Also on Ms. Jacobson's blog are videos.  Topics include mixing her clays, shortening metal clay firing times, using Baldwin's patina and balling up wire. 

Thanks Hadar for all your sharing!

No comments: