Click here to visit ...

Monday, February 25, 2013

A treasure trove of free ebooks

I'll admit - I'm a late comer to the world of eBooks  I love new tech toys, and when I can afford it - I'm the first to jump on the chance to play with a new toy.  An e reader disturbed me though - I love my books, and the feel of holding the book, turning the pages is part of the appeal - how could I possibly snuggle up with a good book, and not be holding an actual book? That was me a year ago - I now have over 1000 books (no exaggeration) loaded on my tablet. I can take my books anywhere and everywhere I go. Aside from my large collection of classic fiction, I also have a large collection of pdf's for jewelry making techniques - both paid, and even better, free.

I love being able to take the tablet wherever I go - into the studio, on the couch, a friends,  or into the kitchen - to reference the instructions of whatever project I'm currently working on.

Interweave Press, offers a huge selection of free ebooks that you can download to your eReader of choice. Everything from mixed media, metal working, bead weaving, stringing - a ton of free resources to get you started. Of course, if you haven't got yourself an eReader yet - you can print them out.




No comments: