It's not often that you will hear me talk about "too many beads." But sadly - occasionally - it is true.
As in the necklace that I made for last week's InspirationFX.
In this particular case, I had strung all the beads first - just popping over to my bench every time I had to wait for the computer, and then made the pendant after.
In the instructions, I was careful to point out that you should only put two seedbeads in the centre, so that the pendant hangs balanced. However, that is NOT how I strung it, as I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with it at the time that I was stringing the beads.
So when I made the bail, I put the pendant on the necklace and finished wiring the bail - which solved any issue of getting the pendant to the centre of the beads. However, there were these three beads, and two on one side and one on the other.
And I just couldn't stand it!
And I thought to myself - "No one will notice. No one will care. "
But it just bugged me.
So - I could unstring half of it and restring it - ugh - or ... I could just eliminate one of those pesky beads.
I put the bead in question on my bench block, covered it with a paper towel to contain the mess, and whacked it with a hammer. It crunched into pieces, and problem solved.
And that's how you get rid of the extra bead - break it up and out it comes. Seedbeaders do it all the time - breaking up the beads with a pair of pliers - but in this case - it required a little more force.
End result - no longer bugging me.