Sunday, November 11, 2012
The Joy of Metal Clay: New Art Clay Silver Formula
Art Clay World USA send me an annoucment that they are carrying a new Art Clay Silver Formula:
Here is what they said:
One fantastic formula encompasses the best of all Art Clays! The new Art Clay Silver combines the best features of each previous type of clay in the Art Clay family.
Features of the new Art Clay Silver Formula
• Better workability compared to original formula and 650 formulas
• Longer working time than original, 650, and 650 Slow Dry formulas
• For syringe, the ratio of silver has increased so that the syringe better holds its lines
• Only 8-9% shrinkage
• Similar drying times as original and 650 formulas when using applied heat (such as a hair dryer, warmer, or dehydrator)
• Easier carving and filing in the dry stage
• Quicker and simpler reconstitution from dried clay; new formula clay is meant to absorb moisture well
• Fires similarly to 650 formula (30 minutes at 1200°F, on a continuum to only 5 minutes at or above 1472°F)
• High quality finishing and shine
Pricing for New Formula Art Clay Silver remains exactly the same as the current formulas - no need to adjust your budget!
I haven't tried this clay yet but I am looking forward to checking it out. It would be nice to have a produce that is more user friendly. I will let you know when I have tried it out!