Click here to visit ...

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Joy of Metal Clay

Today was a fun filled full class day. Unfortunately my camera died before I got photos of the action today in class.

So I am going to fill you in on a few items that I thought I should share:

  1. If you live in the area and want to join an group on metal clay lovers there is a Metal Clay Addicts group that meets once a month at BeadFx.  This is a group of metal clay lovers that share tips techniques and expand their interest in metal clay.  Past topics have included: using syringe, soldering, polymer clay, making your own texture, colouring your clay, information on gemstones and so on..... As a group we decide on topics of interest and either group members present or at times we manage to have a guest speaker.  It is the second Monday of every month at BeadFx at 6:30 (you may want to call the store to double check as occasionally this changes if there is a holiday or scheduling conflict).
  2. Also don't forget about Metal Clay Play days, usually the last Sunday of every month. Run by the instructor who instilled my passion for metal clay Jennifer Tough. Cost for the day varies depending on the clay you want fired but I believe the base price is $10 for use of tools and studio. 

No comments: