Click here to visit ...

Friday, October 07, 2011

A long weekend!

And what a perfect long weekend it's turning out to be - Turkey, lots of it - along with fabulous weather. I never did get around to going out for our annual apple picking. Hopefully, it's not too late, as I'm craving some homemade apple butter, and of course a bunch of apple pies in the freezer would be a good thing as well.

I mentioned on Facebook yesterday that I'm now completely smitten with Fast Fire Bronze clay. Many of you will remember the many posts I have made expressing my frustration at the inconsistent firing results of the other base metal clays. With quite a few fast fire firings under my belt - I'm very pleased to announce that at least for me - it works. It just simply fires perfectly. Every single time.  I'll try to get some pics of the fired clay added a bit later.

The fast fire bronze does not seem to have a high shrinkage rate, and with the last batch I made my pieces far thicker than they needed to be. Bronze is strong, so you can certainly get away with making your pieces thinner than you normally would.

If any of you have used the fast fire bronze, I'd love to hear about your results as well.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I definitely remember your prior posts about your troubles with various clays. Like the one that crumbled apart.

Mmmmm homemade apple butter eh? I forgot about that stuff! It's great on tea biscuits!