Click here to visit ...

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Joy of Metal Clay: Bringing Resin to the Forefront

Earlier this summer, I made this pendant with a resined photo inside the pendant.
Unfortunately, I found that the photo was set too far back making it difficult to see.


So this week it was time to FIX it. But bringing it forward and sticking it without a backing could pose a challenge.

First to remove the resined photo.

There are several ways to do this. You can use nail polish remover (the less toxic way). Or you can use a heavy duty paint or varnish remover.








After picture is removed, it is time to add the picture.


For this piece to add the picture to the pendant without a backing it can be challenging since there needs to be some support.


First cut the picture to fit the hole. Then use packing tape to support the backside. Make sure the tape covers the back of the hole completely. Once secured, mix the resin to apply.


Mix your resin. I will use my scale to measure out my resin components so that I am certain there is an even mix.





Mix up the resin, apply it to the piece and let it dry.


Once dry, VOILA:





No comments: