Click here to visit ...

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Happy Update Day!

I wonder what new treasures the beady powers that be have in store for us this evening?

I'm still working on some fall inspired jewelry pieces. Last night, I managed to finish up a fabulous bracelet made with these:

I fell in love with those beads, and the last time I visited the store I also purchased 'The Secret Attic Mix'. I think I may just need to get another strand or two.

To those, I added a handmade metal clay/wire clasp, some large metal clay flowers, and a few crystals, and flowers in oranges/cranberry. A little homage to fall with the garden still hanging on to it's final blooms.  I think the bracelet still needs just a little something, but I haven't decided what yet. I like to let designs sit for a while - just to make sure I'm truly done.



These wire wrapped bracelets - while lovely do take quite a bit of time to make. 50 plus beads - all individually wire wrapped. Then you also have to make sure that all of the wire ends are snipped cleanly, and ends tucked in. You wouldn't want any stray little bit of wire, or a sharp edge to snag on your clothing. 

This week, my creative projects include working on creating some components for the October Challenge over at Art Bead Scene. I've got another bracelet project planned and designed that will use almost completely all handmade components (give or take a piece of wire here and there). I'm also working on planning out the blog entries for the next few weeks/months. With the holidays fast approaching - this year, I'd like to be organized...for once ;-)

1 comment:

Helen said...

The bracelet is lovely...I too like to "wait & see" if a piece is really, truly, finished.
BTW....I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your blogs. I appreciate all the time it takes and you always come up with something very interesting & helpful.
Helen