Click here to visit ...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Joy Metal Clay: What I am working on....






My favorite floating, reversible pendant!

Above is one of my oldest and favorite pieces. I have gone on to make many for friends and family to keep pictures of their loved ones.


My boys, pictured above, have inspired me (read forced) to make a new piece. They have been begging that I change the photo in this piece. Because it is resin (removable yes, but will ruin the pictures) and because I don't want to change to pictures, I am in the process of designing a new photo pendant:








It is a two sided square, which I made by cutting out a square template then used the template to cut two identical squares (except one with an additional square cut for the photo to show through). I placed the moist clay squares into a plastic convex paint tray (for doming). Once dry I lightly sanded the tips of each square so that they are flat and then attached the two pieces by lightly moistening the tips and rubbing the pieces gently until the stick (alternatively you can use paste).


Obviously, I have yet to fire and polish the piece. Stay tuned.

No comments: