Last month, we asked:
What is your favourite type of jewelry? Necklaces? Bracelets? Earrings? Sets?
Something else ... ?
The responses surprised me - bracelets are the clear winner! Bracelets came in as the most popular, and earrings came in a little ahead of necklaces. Sets are also extremely popular, and rings have a die-hard following of crazed enthusiasts. You didn't just mention rings - you talked about how you LOVED rings.
You didn't let us forget about the other options either - more than a few of you opted for
- Toe Rings
- Hair Accessories
And there was a strong subset voting for "All of the above!" Here are some of your comments:
- Anything that sparkles and shines!! (Hear! Hear!)
- Earrings!! Long Dangly shiney sparkly earrings!!
- necklaces-making them; bracelets-wearing them! (Good point! Your favourite to wear may not be what your favourite is to make! )
- I love bracelets..they not only look fabulous but I can look @ my wrist & see my handi-work @ all times (That's how I feel - bracelets are for me, necklaces and earrings are for others looking at me.)
- Earrings - quick to make and easy wearing (rings and bracelets annoy me when I'm typing; necklaces take longer to make). (I like the speed of making bracelets too. I can finish them before I get bored!)
- I like making earrings. Quick and easy on the pocketbook.
- Definitely Bracelets! Oh and Rings, definitely Rings! Oh wait! - Earrings, yes earrings are my favourite - but wait.... oh why did you have to ask such a hard question?!?
And finally -
- I love necklaces most. That's not quite true... I would love to wear jewelry in my hair, something on the line of what might have been worn during the Renaissance, that hangs down on the forehead... but I haven't got the nerve. :D (I hear ya - I've always wanted to try that too!)
Anyone remember Marilyn Monroe's character in, I think, "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" where she is shown her first tiara - and she is enthralled with it? She says, with open mouthed awe - "Look, a whole new way to wear diamonds!"
Maybe we need a new type of jewelry? Then there would be even more to love!