Click here to visit ...

Friday, October 09, 2009

Food!

I've needed something to entertain myself with - I'm still stuck at home, but now with two sick children - and I'm starting to feel not so hot myself. Most likely just from being stuck in the house for a week. I've been perusing foodie blogs this week - planning our Thanksgiving Dinner

I have a lovely version of boston baked beans in the crockpot right now courtesy of coco cooks

She also posted a recipe for Cinnamon rolls on October 4th - yumm. Apparently, October 4th is Kanelbullens Dag in Sweden - the whole country celebrates the this little (or not so little here in North America) pastry - I do suspect, that the North American versions are somewhat larger in size ;-) If my stomach holds out this weekend - I think I'll have to try these.

As you can see, neither of these really has anything to do with Thanksgiving - I get distracted easily :-)

2 comments:

jen said...

I should note that I couldn't find salt pork - We're really not big meat eaters around here, and I had no idea what salt pork was. I used a pound of bacon instead. Other than that I followed the recipe to a T. It's starting to smell really yummy!

giz said...

salt pork is just bacon or procuitto. You can use either the solid slab and cut it up or just get bacon.

www.eatfordinner.blogspot.com