Click here to visit ...

Friday, May 16, 2008

I love my dog but . ..

Don't get me wrong - I adore my dogs, but $1.8 million for a doggy diamond collar? I'm sure you can make something just as nice with crystals that won't leave you tearing your hair out when your beloved scratches it off and hides it under the couch.

Now here's a site where the artist is celebrating dogs by making beaded images of dogs, in the form of little pouches/purses. I particularly like the way that she has extended the dog's face off the square of the pattern in many cases - truly thinking outside the box. (Link to the rest of the site: Maddie the Cat Beaded Jewelry - also has patterns for sale, but as I've never tried one, I offer no opinion on them.)

If the rain has you stuck inside this weekend - dashing out between rain squalls to plant your petunias - maybe try these 3-D beaded dogs? Maybe a nice beaded Chihuahua or Schnauzer to hang off your purse? Then, you too can have a "purse dog!"

Cheers!

No comments: